Saturday, December 7, 2013

Stories & Songs | CALEB - Kingdom of Me

Hi everybody! It's been way too long since I last posted anything on here. Fact is, I couldn't think of any songs in particular that I wanted to blog about...but I finally remembered about this one the other day. :)

A few years ago, Steven Curtis Chapman's sons Caleb and Will Franklin and their friend Scott Mills started a band, simply called CALEB. Just recently they changed the name to Colony House, after an apartment complex in Franklin, TN where they had all lived at one time or another. (It makes sense; after all, if you search "CALEB" you're going to come up with a bazillion different results, almost none of which are what you're looking for!)

My sister, Sarah, told me about this song a while back, and I love it. The lyrics are the kind that really make you think. Take a listen and enjoy!





I drew a line
Said this is where I'm safe and I feel fine
I drew a line
Satisfied, I lived inside that box for quite awhile
Unsatisfied
I think there's a problem I hadn't thought of
Who I am, who I am
Up in my castle I sit on my throne
While the streets hold disaster but no nothing more
Ooooh, I'm a fool, I'm a coward
I sail my ship out to sea
Look behind, see the kingdom of me

Away I ran
From this moment placed in time for me to stand
Away I ran
Scared to see this monster that has taken over me
Too scared to see

Up in my castle I count all my gold
While my kingdom is drowning in tears from the poor
Ooooh, I'm a fool, I'm a cold heart
When I look at my crown
I see blood, I see fear
I see down, down, down

When will I learn
That it doesn't get much better till you turn
You gotta turn yourself around

Up in my castle I tear down my throne
Cast my crown to the ocean and bury my gold
Ooooh, I have finally found that
When I look past my pride, I see love come to life
For this kingdom to be
Is much more than the kingdom of me


For the love of music and the glory of God,
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! :) (Note: apparently commenting doesn't work on Firefox; try Safari or Explorer first if you can.)