Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Song in the Night, arr. Mack Wilberg | Choral Music

The last several weeks during my church choir rehearsal, we've been learning new music for our upcoming Easter Cantata. But a few weeks ago, our director handed us each a beautiful book of hymn and folk song arrangements by Mack Wilberg. Y'all know how much we love Mack Wilberg, so we were excited to read through a new piece, an absolutely beautiful folk hymn called, "My Song in the Night". The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings it with a full orchestra, of course, but we loved how simply beautiful it was with our small choir and just piano accompaniment. We sang it for the offertory this past Sunday.



O Jesus, my Savior, my song in the night
Come to us with Thy tender love, my soul's delight,
Unto Thee, O Lord, in affliction I call,
My comfort by day and my song in the night.
O why should I wander, an alien from Thee,
Or cry in the desert, Thy face to see,
My comfort and joy, my soul's delight,
O Jesus, my Savior, my song in the night
My comfort and joy, my soul's delight
O Jesus, my Savior, my song in the night


For the love of music and the glory of God,
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! :) (Note: apparently commenting doesn't work on Firefox; try Safari or Explorer first if you can.)