Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Stories & Songs | The Redeemer - Sanctus Real

I stumbled upon this song - it was on the radio, I think - two summers ago. At the time that I first heard it, I thought it was a good song, but it didn't really strike a chord with me until a couple months later...and then hardly a day went by that I didn't listen to it. It was the soundtrack to my summer that year as I was going through a really difficult time spiritually - trying to understand something God was doing in my life. I hope this song encourages you as much as it has encouraged me!

The band members of Sanctus Real tell the story behind "The Redeemer":



And here is the song itself:



Sometimes I just wanna start over
'Cause everything looks like a wreck
And I need the courage to carry on
'Cause I can't see what's ahead
And there are places I've wished I could be
Battles I've wanted to win
Dreams that have slipped through my hands
I may never get back again

But I'm still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
'Cause You can make anything new

Sometimes I just wish we could say
All the things that are easy to hear
Ignore the injustice we see
And explain every unanswered prayer
But I'd rather speak honestly
And wear a tattered heart on my sleeve
'Cause in the middle of my broken dreams
Redemption is here

And I'm still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
'Cause You are the answer, the Redeemer
Oh, I've given up on too many things
But I'm not giving up on You
'Cause You can make anything new

I don't have every answer in life
But I'm trusting You one day at a time
'Cause You can make a weak heart stay alive
Forever

And this is where heaven and earth collide
I lift my hands, I give my life
This is how my weary heart stays alive
Oh, I'm still a dreamer, still a believer
And You are the answer, the Redeemer
'Cause You can make anything new
Yeah, You can make anything new


Songwriters:
Dan Gartley, Matthew Hammitt, Jr. Graalman, 
Christopher Rohman, Peter Prevost, Christopher Stevens


For the love of music and the glory of God,
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! :) (Note: apparently commenting doesn't work on Firefox; try Safari or Explorer first if you can.)