Friday, December 13, 2013

Stories & Songs - Christmas Edition! | Lincoln Brewster - O Holy Night

Several years ago, my sister, Sarah, found out about a worship leader in California who is also quite an accomplished electric guitar player. A little unusual, right? I mean, most worship leaders lead with...acoustic guitars. This guy's name is Lincoln Brewster, and I'm not kidding when I say his guitar playing is very nearly comparable (in difficulty and virtuosity) to Keith Urban's and John Mayer's. (Actually, I've heard it said that Lincoln copies John Mayer all the time, but who doesn't?! The guy's a master at it!)

Anyways, last year Lincoln released a Christmas CD entitled Joy to the World: A Christmas Collection. On that CD is a recording of O Holy Night that's a bit of a departure from the standard grand, orchestral version you hear at Christmastime. In actuality, with Lincoln's guitar playing, he added an extra bit of oomph that, dare I say, made it even better? You be the judge. I happen to like it, but if you don't, no big deal. :) Lincoln's arrangement also includes part of Leonard Cohen's famous song, "Hallelujah", at the end, followed by a magnificent crescendo for the final chorus. Enjoy!




For the love of music and the glory of God,
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear from you! :) (Note: apparently commenting doesn't work on Firefox; try Safari or Explorer first if you can.)